Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020



Philippines 


In the Philippines there are 7,641 islands.
The biggest islands are Luzon and Mindanao.
Philippines is a country in Asia,
it is in Southeast Asia Philippines was named after King Philip II of Spain.
The national bird of the Philippines is the Philippines eagle
(Monkey eating eagle.)
It's one of the rarest birds which is endangered,
There are only 400 left in the wild. Because they are losing their natural habitat



About them: The females and males eagles have fascinating different hairstyles


  • Females Philippines eagles are usually bigger
  • It can live up to 60 years
  • Has a better eyesight than humans
  • It has a wingspan up to 184 to 220 cm
  • It is 3 ft tall
  • It's the 5th biggest bird
  • It became endangered in 1934
  • Its prey are medium sized animals
  • They don't really eat Monkeys

The Philippines was once colonized by Spain for 333 years
and the United States ruled Philippines,
also Japan ruled for 3 years.


The Philippines is the second largest archipelago in the world,
It has beautiful beaches and tropical islands.
Manila is the capital city of the Philippines which is very populated. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rafa,
    I enjoyed reading your report about the Philippines. A lot of other countries have tried to rule it over the history of the country too. I didn't know that there were so many islands that make up the whole country.
    I really hope that the eagle can survive and thrive in what is left of its habitat so that it is not lost forever as that would be very sad.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post